During these uncertain times, we understand that there may be instances where our members find themselves facing financial difficulties. We want you to know that HRCCU is here to help and encourage members who may be impacted to reach out to discuss how we might be of assistance. Should you find yourself in need of financial assistance and do not see an option that fits your needs below, please contact us at 518-654-9028.
Deposit and Loan Programs:
90 Day No Pay Loans*
- We’re currently offering 90 day no pay loans on all personal loans and vehicle loans on new or used vehicles for qualified customers.
- No payment required for the first 90 days with all approved loans at the member's request.
- Interest will accumulate from the date of loan booking.
Find car dealers currently operating in the Capital Region here.
Waiver on Share Certificates early withdrawal penalties
For a limited time, we are waiving early withdrawal penalties on Share Certificates up to $500. Additional IRS penalties and tax implications may apply on early withdrawals from a Traditional and/or Roth IRA.
Financial Relief Options:
90 Day Mortgage Forbearance on real estate loans for members impacted by COVID-19
- Members facing a financial hardship from the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic are eligible to skip payments on their mortgage or home equity loans for 90 days from their due dates.
- To be eligible for mortgage forbearance, members must explain and provide documentary evidence of how their household has incurred a financial hardship from the coroanvirus pandemic. Examples include: a recent paystub from a business which has not been declared to be essential, a letter from the employer, etc. This may be from anyone in the household.
- Members who have already received a 30 to 60 day Skip-a-Pay for their mortgage or home equity loan, will have their payment moved, so that they receive a 90 day forbearance.
- Please note: members with escrow accounts will need to make additional escrow deposits in order to avoid a shortage at the end of the year which could substantially increase loan payments in 2021.
No Fee Skip-a-Pay program on most loan types
- You may skip one or more of your eligible Visa Platinum Credit Card or Consumer Loan payments including: auto, GREENLight auto loans, toy loans, personal loans and personal lines of credit. Please note: finance charges will continue to accrue and this may extend the term of the loan.
- Interest-Only Student Loans and Positive Share Loans are not eligible. Mortgage and home equity loans are eligible for skipping payments under the 90-day Mortgage Forbearance program.
To request a Skip-a-Pay or Mortgage Forbearance for your eligible loans, contact the loan center at (518) 654-9028 and press 3 or fill out the form to have a representative contact you.
Free over the phone payments.
- We will be waiving the $14.99 convenience charge for all payments over the phone.
*The 90-Day No Pay Loan Special is for new or used vehicles only. Promotion starts April 24, 2020 and will run until further notice. No payment required for the first 90 days with all approved loans at the member’s request. Interest will accumulate from date of loan booking. Normal discounts can apply. All other loan guidelines apply. VISA credit cards and unsecured lines of credit are excluded from promotion.